We believe that change needs to be holistic for sustained growth.
RESET is a systems approach to farming and farming practices, wherein the entire activity is visited from multiple viewpoints of strategy making. We at Grameen Vikas Kendra believe that an integrated strategy towards Environment, Society and Economy would create sustainable growth within the farming communities.
1. Our aim is to regenerate the environment and the socio-economic fabric of the farming communities. We start by banning GMOs and chemical inputs. We financially and logistically support farmers in their agricultural as well as social endeavors.
2. We help them increase their revenue sources, they can rotate crops in between cotton seasons, helping them to pay off their debts.
3. Eliminating the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers brings about 94% less greenhouse gas emissions, removes CO2 from the atmosphere, reducing the input farms cost and ensures health and safety of their families.
4. Creation of an organic label and sharing ownership along the value chain. We can set stable high wages for farmers and exclude extreme market fluctuations.
5. We work closely with the women of our farming communities by introducing innovative livelihood models. They are a vulnerable group that needs extra protection due to social conditioning and traditional systems. At the same time, they carry out majority farming duties and hence are the ones most affected by the problems.
6. The next phase of the model includes more processes on site and will help increase monetary gains for the farming families by at least 20%.
Also, by generating more awareness among users about organic cotton and the benefits organic farming we increase the market for our farmers.